The ethos of Ripon Tennis Centre is that of a family, friendly environment, offering the highest quality tennis facilities for both members and non-members. Welcomed by our expert tennis and fitness advisors ensures a relaxed atmosphere in which to exercise and play tennis.
- 5 mixed doubles tennis teams play in the Harrogate & District League.
- A ladies tennis team plays in the Dales League.
- A men's tennis team compete in the Vale of Mowbray League.
- Friendly tennis matches for the less competitive are regularly arranged.
- Regular team tennis practice sessions are held.
- Club Sessions
- Club sessions for social tennis are held throughout the year. Sessions take place on Friday evening (7pm-10.00pm), Sunday evening (7pm-10.00pm) and Wednesday afternoon (1.00pm-3.00pm).
- Adult Coaching Groups
- We have various mixed adult coaching groups for players of all abilities. Please call for further details on group days and times.
- Coaching Mornings
- Tennis coaching sessions for men and women of all abilities are held Monday to Friday mornings 9.30am to 11.00am.
- Block Bookings
- Tennis courts are available to book in blocks of 16 weeks to guarantee your group a court.
Courts can be booked up to 7 days in advance for individual bookings.
Ripon Tennis Centre's junior programme caters for juniors from five years upward, playing at all levels.
- Mini Tennis
- The development programme incorporates red, orange and green levels of mini tennis and for all standards up to the age of 18.
- Junior Squads
- We have squads for juniors wishing to play in competitions and club teams are entered in local leagues for children as young as five as well as performance squads.
Sessions cover the introduction and development of basic stroke, singles and doubles strategy and tactics.
Regular internal competitions take place as well as our box leagues.
We have two full time coaching professionals available to give you best advice on all aspects of tennis and coaching.
Our dedicated team of coaches run a wide-ranging and exciting tennis programme for both adults and juniors at beginner, intermediate and advanced level. Whether you are interested in group or individual coaching, or simply playing tennis just for fun, whatever your ability we have something for you.
Special effort is directed towards the coaching of children and full programmes of term-time and holiday courses are always available.
Coaches: David Drake, Olivier Joussemet, Jack Pullan